Wednesday 30 October 2013

Biscotti

Coincidently I saw this Biscotti recipe in the baking book (LSC) which earlier I’m thinking if I should do my own during this coming Chinese New Year since every year I will buy from my colleague.
** Adjust some recipe to suit my own taste.

Ingredients :-
3 egg white
70g castor sugar
100g plain flour
120g whole unblanched almonds

Method :
1) Whisk egg white until light and fluffy. Slowly add in sugar and continue to whisk until stiff. (whisk the egg should within 5 mins)
2) Fold flour and almonds lightly into the mixture
3) Prepare a tin (abt 8” x 4”) and line with baking paper.
4) Pour the mixture to the tin and bake in pre heated oven at 180C for 30-35 minutes until lightly brown.
5) When ready, remove from the oven and leave it cool before chill in the fridge for 1 day.
6) After 1 day chilled, take out from the fridge and use sharp knife to cut into thin slices.
7) Line the baking tray with baking paper and arrange the cake to the baking tray.
8) Bake in an oven at 130C for about 45 mins to 1 hour (till dry and crisp).
9) Leave to cool before storing.

** Source of below picture from LSC baking book












No comments:

Post a Comment